Windows 7 Upgrade Disk for Acer Laptop from Mentor Media

Windows 7 was launched in October 22. Three days after the launching, I applied for a Windows 7 Upgrade Offer from Acer. Earlier that month, we purchased an Acer Aspire 3935 laptop which qualified for the free upgrade offer. This offer was valid to a laptop bought from June 26, 2009 to January 31, 2010. Not all laptops however are qualified in this upgrade. You can visit here to check.

Acer and Windows contracted Mentor Media (a third party) to handle the orders . The free upgrade application is easy. You just have to fill out a couple of information. It is not all free though because you have to pay $49.99 for the shipping. They accept credit card for this. After closing the transaction, Mentor Media sent an email for confirmation. And the next day after another mail was sent to confirm that the credit card has been charged. The long wait has started.

Three weeks and several order status checks after, I received an email informing that my order was shipped. Finally! The mail provided a link of the courier but sadly it was not a valid link. How frustrating it that?! Thinking it won't be delivered for another three weeks I conditioned myself not to be too giddy about it. After two weeks though, the package arrived. Tada! Below is the picture of what I received. (not so fancy, eh?)


For those of you who are still waiting, I know it is frustrating and it should have been better. I even wished I should have bought the one which we can download from Microsoft but then it is still a good deal because you only pay for the shipping.

Just be patient. Windows 7 is so worth this wait. Man, it is sooo swift! I am loving it! Watch out for my review of the Windows 7 after a couple of days.

1 comment:

Windows Certification said...

The content on this publish is really one particular of the most beneficial material that I’ve ever occur across. I love your article, I’ll appear back to examine for new posts.